Monday, March 17, 2014

Popcorn puzzles (and other stuff)

 
What is that?!
 
Why, it’s eggplant, of course.  (Clearly I have too much time on my hands.   No, that’s not true.  I should think of another excuse for taking pictures of eggplant skin.)
 
Eggplant was one of the two (the only two!) vegetables I couldn’t stand growing up.  The other was zucchini.  I like them both now, though.
 
Speaking of too much time of my hands…
 
 
Ahem.
 
 
I’m so going to make this picture into a puzzle.  I mean, popcorn and puzzles just go together – right, Mom?  This would make a nice 1000-piece jigsaw for a perfectly relaxing evening.
 
What’s that you say about headaches and eyestrain?
 
 
I went over my host family’s house for the second time last week.  I’ll admit I’ve been a bit apprehensive about this whole host family thing, ‘cause it’s still so much work to communicate in French.  But after the last visit, I feel more relieved.
 
The wife is so nice.  So warm.  So open.
 
She told us (I went with another lady) about how she met her husband, how she became a believer, about her family, and so on.
 
All the while, her little toddler was pulling every single one of his dad’s computer books off the shelves and stacking them one at a time on my lap.  Each time he added another book, he grinned and gave me a thumbs-up.  Quite comical.
 
 
No, quiche has nothing to do with my host family.  It’s just something I made last week.  I think I should add it to my list of regular meal ideas.  It’s easy, adaptable to whatever veggies I have on hand, can be eaten hot or cold, and has a good amount of protein (are you listening, Esther?).
 
And a hefty amount of cheese, which of course makes everything better.
 
Almost everything.
 
Cherry pie or chocolate cake, not so much.
 
 
Almost every time I see the moon during the day, I think of something my sister said when she was little.  “Did God forget to take the moon down?” :)
 
 
We’re going to finish the Gospels this week in class, and I can’t wait to start Acts.  I love, love, love that book!  It’s almost impossible to be bored reading it.  There’s so much action.  And so much reality.  (Think the early Church was perfect?!  Nope.  They have problems just like we do today.)  I have a post in the works about one particular story that’s been on my mind a lot since last weekend.
 
Anyway.  That’s for later.
 
 
As a new week starts, this is what I’m reminding myself of –
 
Make each day count.
 
Not by trying to do great things or by chasing big goals, but by receiving grace in all the thousand abundant ways He gives it.
 
Soak it in.  Celebrate it.
 
Snuggle up in His love because that is where I’m truly safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment