Friday, March 28, 2014

Dear _____,

Crumb moving across the floor tout seul...When I first saw you, I was like, "What?!"  Then I realized you weren't moving on your own, you were being carried by a light-colored ant that was nearly invisible.

Burner...You refuse to light several times in a row, then all of the sudden, you light with an enthusiastic "whoosh".  I'd appreciate it if you learned to be a little more even-keel.

Boy tipping hat...I don't get THAT very often.  You made me laugh inside.

Guava jelly...You get my definite stamp of approval.

Charlie Chaplin...I've always preferred wit to slap-stick humor, but I have found some of your films absolutely hilarious.  They made our French sessions more animated.

Dripping faucet...You remind me of those verses in Proverbs (19:13 and 27:15).

Two ladies speaking English in my apartment building...I was almost falling asleep when I heard something unusually familiar.  "Wait.  I hear English.  In my building!"  I don't remember the last time that's happened.

New pillow...Good pillow = good night's sleep.  I should have bought you months ago.

"Fattening" porridge (i.e. something to help one put on weight)...I don't remember what all exactly you contain (bean flour? corn flour? other things?), but a friend let me try you.  You weren't horrible, but if I had to put on weight by making you a regular part of my diet, I think I'd...not.

Guys fighting on the bus…I have no idea what started that whole fracas, or what you were saying (since it wasn't in French), but I'll admit, I was a little nervous.  I was standing right (RIGHT!) next to you on a tightly-packed bus (i.e. I couldn't go anywhere), and I didn't know if I was going to get an elbow or a fist in my face.  Thankfully I arrived unscathed at my destination.

Little girl walking by...You touched your hat and then pointed to mine with a big grin.  Yes, we're matching!  Sort of.

Phase 3...Au revoir!

Phase 4...You're 500 session hours long – a third of the entire program.  Someone dubbed you "the beast".  I sit here quaking and hoping you won't notice me.

No comments:

Post a Comment