Monday, October 8, 2018

Indian Summer


After two full weekends in a row, I was quite eager for Sunday afternoon.

I made myself a cup of coffee (a dark Guatemalan roast which is my favorite recent discovery) and hopped in the car for a nice, long drive.

I started on a road I knew and then ventured beyond, winding my way through little towns, woods, open fields, and even a cider mill.

It was misty and gray, which made the trees turning stand out even more.


The colors - though just starting - were exquisite.  I wish I could have counted all the different shades I saw...

Flaming yellow
Golds
Burnt orange
Amber
Cranberry
Fiery reds
Deep crimsons
Rust
Rich brown

...and so many more in between.

For all the inward griping I did about summer coming to an end, I do so love fall.

Yesterday was lovely, just taking time to soak it all in, unhurried.


Today it was 83°.  The chocolate chips in my Larabar were all melty and my neighbors were grilling after work.  (I didn't check the forecast and foolishly thought fall was here to stay.)

Thunderstorms are in the forecast for a few days, then it's supposed to dip down into the 40's and 50's...and of course it would be the nights I'll be sleeping out in a tent.

For now, I'll enjoy the Indian summer and try to plan outfits that actually work for the whole day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment