Saturday, April 2, 2011

Changing Seasons

This is a sign that Spring is truly here...a budding shrub.



This little plant got me thinking about how the changing seasons are a sign of God's faithfulness.  He promised that as long as the earth remained, there would be planting and harvest, summer and winter (Genesis 8:22).  And so it is.  Every year Spring comes, followed by Summer (oh glorious days!), then Fall, and finally Winter.  But Winter eventually gives way to Spring, and the whole cycle is repeated...year after year just like God said.  Then it struck me - aren't the changing seasons in our lives also a sign of God's faithfulness?  Except it's sometimes harder to see them that way.  Change is scary.  For me anyway.  I like one "season" so much I want to live the whole year in it.  But if God made each season, won't they all be beautiful in their own way?

...So easy to say, so hard to actually trust that it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment