Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring has sprung!

Howdy, folks!

I've got pictures for you today.



This is a blessed sign of Spring...a flowering dogwood.  (Just in case you doubted what I said in Friday's entry.)



Stepping back for a broader view...



Oh, look!  This stunning little flower was tucked away all by itself.



Green and purple make a lovely combination, don't you think?  Actually, green and just about any color make a good combination.



Ah...tulips.  My most favorite flower ever.  I wish my camera could do them justice.

Isn't Spring gorgeous?!  With all the glorious color returning to Ozark-land, I find myself loving Spring immensely.  Then I remember how much I enjoyed those (mostly) heavenly snows.  Winter was beautiful.  And THEN I think of Fall.  While I know that the trees weren't nearly as colorful as they get in the north and east, they were still considerably more colorful than our trees in CA.  When the sun hits the hills just right...oh, there's nothing like the warm glow of Fall.  And I can't speak for Summer here in MO, but I think Summer in CA is beautiful. I t's cool that our hills showcase my two favorite colors - green in Winter and Spring, and brown in the Summer.  Both are beautiful.  Really.

So what is life like right now?  It's crazy.  It's great.  It's impossible.  It's beautiful.  Yes, it's all those - sometimes at the same time.  Perspectives make all the difference in the world.

I was rejoicing at finding a bug in the apartment.  Why?  That means it's getting warmer.

I couldn't figure out what shirt to wear this morning.  Small dilemma, sure.  But it means I have more than one shirt to wear.

Today one of my friends prayed, "Thank You, Lord, for trials, because that's when we see how powerful You are."  Having recently experienced the truth of that statement, I agree.  It may not feel good, but I am convinced the Lord sends those hard times into our lives because He loves us.  A headache?  Feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, confused by classes or homework?  No, it doesn't feel good, but it is good.  Because that's the Lord reminding me, "You can't do it on your own.  But remember, I'm always with you, no matter what.  I am strong even when you are helplessly weak."  Thank You, Lord.  Thank You.
...

So embrace the moment.  It's a miracle from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment