Thursday, May 17, 2012

Of Books, Bears, and Sewing Projects

I've come to the conclusion that books are very interesting.  In a really good story, you almost feel like the characters become your friends.  But unlike real-life friends, friends from books are not affected by time.  You pick up a book after many years, and what do you know?  Peter is still 19, he's still in Austria, he's still working in his father's carpenter shop (a là Evangelists in Chains).  You pick up a book that you set down to go stir the beans or pull the rolls out of the oven, and what do you know?  Father Tim didn't run away; he's still working on his nativity scene like he was when you left him (a là Shepherds Abiding).

With books, you can put time on pause.  Or fast forward.  Or rewind.  You can replay it again and again.  Rather incredible...

That is my philosophizing for today.

Oh, and go read a book.

---



The bear family: Zoe, Tay (the newest addition), Wil, Fee, and Uta.  All so very cute.  And so very tiny.

---



Hurray!  The top is finally finished!!

I'm really, really pleased with the way it turned out.  The borders helped to pull it together really well, I think.  It wasn't the original combination I'd planned on, but this looks sooo much better.  It was worth running to Jo-ann's for the umpteenth time.



Up next: a mystery project.

...And by "mystery", I mean I know what it is, I just can't tell you yet.

---

Happy Thursday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment