Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What does one do with several pears that need to be used up (but aren't particularly spectacular for eating out-of-hand)?

Why, make pear butter, of course!



Brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon



Saute it all until the pears are soft...



...then puree it, baby!

---



Look!  A growing sweet pea!

I love sweet peas.

I think I've told you that before.



I discovered two tomato seedlings amidst the sweet peas and other flowers.  No, I did not plant them!  (Why would I put tomato plants in my flower garden?)  We used to have tomatoes growing there, and apparently a couple seeds have been camping underneath the soil surface waiting to spring up when I least expect them to.

They're devious like that, those tomato seeds.

---



It's in one piece now.  [happy sigh]

Tomorrow I'll start cutting and sewing the borders.





---



Good night, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment