Monday, May 28, 2012

West Africa: Tentative Plans

[This post originally appeared on my NTM blog.]

Bit by bit.  It seems that’s the way God usually unfolds His plans for me.  No five-year road maps, just one step at a time.  Sometimes it sounds like it would be nice to know the whole plan…

But here are the plans so far: Lord willing, I’ll be leaving next September (2013) for West Africa.  First, I will spend 1 1/2 – 2 years in Senegal studying French and learning West African culture before beginning a ministry.  (Although ministry in its truest sense should begin “the minute I step out of the plane”, as one of my teachers used to say.)

What ministry?  I don’t know yet.

Which West African country will I serve in?  I don’t know that yet, either.

How’s that for vague?!  I do know that God will be as faithful to lead me in the future as He has in the past, and I’m excited to share that with you – even if it’s just a little bit at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment