Monday, May 28, 2012

Sunday School Snapshots


"Please take a picture with my paper airplane," he asked me.



The classroom was practically an airport, we had so many paper airplanes flying around in there.  :)



"I can see flavors!"

"What?   You can see flavors?"

"Yes, if you look very carefully, do you see them?   See them??"

I had to admit that, no, I didn't see any flavors... I hope she wasn't too disappointed with her teacher.



She made sure to point out her missing tooth - and another one that was loose.



"Please, Auntie Rachel, can I be your helper?  I'm a very good helper!   Please?"















---

One of the boys prayed: "Dear God, thank You for another week of Sunday School, and please help us to keep our eyes on the teacher [we're always reminding them to look at the teacher when she's talking], and not spit anywhere, and not be naughty..."

LOL!

---

Before the story, I'd gone over each of the props.  When it was over, I gave them a little review.   Globe in hand, I asked the kids, "So, what does this remind us about God?   Where is He?"

In a little voice, one of them answered, "In this room."

Not the answer I was expecting...but so very right.

---

"Teacher!!   He was about to beat me!"  This from a little boy whose neighbor wasn't keeping his hands to himself.  So dramatic.

---

"Dear God, thank You for this snack...and help our bones to grow strong..."

---

During the craft, two of the kids were rehearsing what happened after the story I'd told them.  (We stopped with the creation of Adam and Eve.)

"That wasn't the end of the story," one of them declared.   "God told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit on the tree, and they did it anyway, and..."

"It was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil," the other added.

"Oh, yes, thank you!   I forgot about that part."

---

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment