Thursday, February 10, 2011

Color of the Day

Announcing...

White is the official color of the day!  It was everywhere this morning: the ground, the roofs, the cars, the air (the wind was blowing snow from trees, roofs, etc.), the hills, the snow pants my friend wore...and my eyelashes and bangs.  Yup, it was that cold.  The temperature was -13° this morning when I walked to classes.  So the condensation from my breath wafted up a few inches and stopped, frozen on my bangs.  The wind stung my eyes and made them water.  But the tears barely made it past my eyelids before crystallizing on my eyelashes - and then they wanted to stick together.  It wasn't until I saw my reflection in the glass door of our classroom that I realized how cold it was.  Both my bangs and my eyelashes were COMPLETELY white!  I must admit it rather startled me.  (I had to remind myself - Girl, you're not in CA anymore!)

On the bright side of things, the sun is shining (no pun intended), the birds are singing, and warmer weather is on its way.  Oh, and I've yet to get frostbite or hypothermia, so that's nice.  I've got a little homework for the afternoon, and some phone calls to make.  Then it'll be coffee in the evening at a friend's.  Have I mentioned how much I like coffee???  No actually, not "like".  Love.  I mean, really love.  Coffee...well, it's awesome.  Especially when it's Mom's signature blend.  I can just smell it now.

So long, friends!  Thanks for stopping by.  And until next time, "Fare Thee Well" from my very white world!

P.S. For those who care to know, I found out yesterday that our official on-campus measurement of last week's snowfall (in one day) came to a whopping 21 inches.  What can I say?!  This is SO not CA!



From last week (standing on the back porch)...



From yesterday afternoon (taken just behind our aparment)...

No comments:

Post a Comment