Monday, February 28, 2011

Two are better than one

It sure makes work detail more entertaining.  The conversations are wonderful.  This afternoon (a typical one), we were all over the place - our families, classes, broken water pipes, church history, California stereotypes, tomato hornworms, coffee, books we grew up reading... (I think only two girls could talk about so many drastically different subjects in that amount of time.)

And guess what?!  I finally found someone who has read my childhood favorite, "Evangelists in Chains".  I was a rather extreme bookworm, especially when it came to this book.  There was a time when I'd literally read it every day.  By that I mean that I'd start with page one in the morning, and by the time I went to bed, I'd have read the whole 300-odd pages.  And then do the same thing the next day.  And the next day.  And the next day...  But I'd never known anyone outside my family who'd read it - until today.  Talking about it with Michelle made me want to read it again.  Three cheers for Peter!!!  And Lucas and Casper and Ursula and the rest of the "brethren"!  (I'm purposely not telling you more of the story in hopes that your curiosity will be piqued enough to check out the book for yourself.)

Well, all good things come to an end, they say.  On to homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment