Friday, February 25, 2011

Another Friday

"I see little white things floating down from the sky.  Anybody know what they're called?"  A classmate: "Your imagination."

Yup, yesterday it was pouring rain - today, a very light sprinkling of snow.  It wasn't even cold enough to stick.  Missouri weather is SO strange!  Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 60's.  We'll see.

But heartwarming things can happen in spite of the weather - today Jeannette had a gift for me.  She was digging around in her pocket and I teased, "What do you have there in your pocket, Jeannette?"  "Here, this is for you," she replied with an extremely pleased look on her face.  It was one of those little pastel heart candies.  (It said "No way".  Wonder if that had any significance?!  No, knowing Jeannette, probably not.)  Adorable, wasn't it?  At one point, I had to get up from the table, and she wanted to make real sure I didn't forget it.  I assured her I wouldn't, and she sweetly offered, "I'll hold it for you."  It was never seen again.  She did give me one of the candies she won playing Bingo, though.

Our outreach team had a potluck tonight and that was a lot of fun.  We have a few people who are quite the entertainers!  One of the guys there reminds me SO much of my cousin.  It was a little weird...in a good way, since my cousin is AWESOME, but weird nonetheless.  The kids were fun and the food was wonderful too.  A good night was had by all.  The evening ended on a hilarious note when my friend got her hand smacked by our former grammar teacher for making a remark about his dislike for dogs.  Who would have thought that a jolly Santa Claus-type could do such a thing?!  To someone as sweet and lovable as...well, we won't mention names.

I'm interested to see what the weekend holds.  Maybe I'll finish the homework and chores and letters early enough to do something fun.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment