Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One little note

It was one of those mornings.  You know, the kind of morning when you wake up feeling more tired than when you went to bed.  The kind when your brain feels as cloudy as the snowy winter sky.  When you can feel the headache coming on and the day has just begun.  Yes, it was just one of those mornings.

And then - there was an e-mail from a classmate.  Subject line: for my sister.  I opened the e-mail, expecting it to be a prayer request or something.  No, it was just a simple word of encouragement.  But it completely changed my outlook on the day ahead.  It never ceases to amaze me how one person in tune with God's heart can totally make a difference in someone else's day.  And I had to ask myself, how often do I take the time to listen to the Lord's prompting?  How often do I take the time to be that encourager?

Well, the headache didn't go away, but the day did get better.  The test we had this morning went much better than I expected.  Until last night, I had been facing it with the same amount of dread I'd have had facing an Algebra test (and for those who know me well, that's a considerable amount!).  But with more thorough explanation from one of my most favorite teachers...it all began to click.  The test felt like a breeze compared to what I was expecting.  Thank You, Lord!  (And thank you, Carol!)

To top it all off, it was snowing all morning.  Oh yes, it was COLD.  My face hurt when I came inside.  But it was so worth it!  This snow is wetter than last week's, so it sticks to the trees really well and looks absolutely gorgeous.  We don't have any wind right now, either, so the flakes are just drifting lazily down.  It's the kind of winter scene I used to see only in pictures.  Now, I get to see it in person.  I am blessed. :)

Alrighty, folks - off I go to clean bathrooms.  Don't any of you feel sorry for me, though.  I love it and I have a great friend to clean with.  Three cheers for snow!  And cleaning bathrooms!  And life walking by the Lord's side.  It's the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment