Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just another day in the life of...

I feel compelled to write today, just so my blog isn't left with one lonely little post. :D

This week we had a monster storm barrel through and dump over a foot of snow here in the Ozarks.  It was bad enough that classes were cancelled for the day.  (Bummer.  You mean we don't get to wade through all that snow?!  Well...ahem...some of us did anyway.)  The following two days temperatures dipped all the way to 0°, and the road was too slippery for comfort.  But it is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!  Maybe it's because I didn't grow up around it, but I've really loved the snow this winter.

That being said, I am very grateful the roads were cleared and we were able to get into town today.  The grocery stash was getting a wee bit small - and we may be getting more snow in the middle of the week.  Common sense told me I should take the chance while I had it.

This is Superbowl Sunday, of course, and it seems everyone is having a party.  I got invited to one of them.  Me?  Going to a Superbowl party?  It's is almost as inconceivable as Switzerland joining a war.  No, it's not that bad. I 'll have fun, although I won't have a clue what goes on in the game.  It's about the friends and the food, right?  (Some of you wouldn't agree - especially for this game.  You know who you are.  ;))

I think that's about all I have to report.  Week number four of the semester has begun - and life is always an adventure.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment