Saturday, February 19, 2011

Today is the day You have made...

...I will rejoice and be glad in it!

It's not even noon and already the day has been so...so...wonderful!  I can't come with the exact word I want, but that does the trick.

Meeting with my prayer partner over a cup of tea was a real encouragement.  It always is.  Time in fellowship and prayer are sweet.

On my walk back home, a pick-up rumbled past and stirred up a cloud of dust.  It took a second to register in my brain, but then I felt like exclaiming, Dust!  Hallelujah!!!  I am really surprised that the roads dried out this fast after all the snow.  I was bracing myself for weeks of non-stop mud.  Of course, the dust brings its own challenges, but I'm not going to complain.

After I got back, I picked up reading in a book one of my friends and her husband lent me this Sunday - Law and Grace: A study of New Testament concepts as they relate to the Christian life.  It's written by Alva J. McClain.  Fascinating read!  Here are a few quotes. "The sacrifice prescribed by the law did indeed bear witness to a way of salvation, but that way was wholly outside and apart from the law (Romans 3:21)."  Later, in the same chapter, he states, "Actually, then, the law can save no sinner...As a matter of fact, Calvary itself should make this clear to all, 'for if righteousness comes by the law, then Christ died in vain' (Galatians 2:21)."  Very well said.

"For I know He's the Son of the Highest, and I know that His victory is won, and the song of His glorious returning rises up on the wings of the dawn!"  The words of this song have been running through my head all morning.  Thinking about how Jesus could come back today excites me so much that I feel like jumping up from my chair and breaking into song!

And right now the smell of a good pot of beans is wafting through the house.  I shall try not to burn them this time.  You think that might be hard to do, and yes it is - but I'm very talented.  This week I burned my pot of beans because...well...it's a long story.  It all started with coffee.  Two dear friends were involved.  As far as I'm concerned, they are equally guilty - although, in all honesty it's really no one's fault but my own.

So ends week five.  It's scary to see how fast time is flying.  And yet, life retains an exhilaration because I know that whatever the Lord brings to me will be awesome.  I'm looking forward to seeing what He'll do in the coming days and weeks!  Thank You, Jesus, for the privilege of walking by Your side!

**Edit**

Less than an hour later, there came a sound from the wooded hills and it swept into our valley...it was the sound of pouring rain.  So good-bye dust and hello mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment